About this Show

The O Reilly Factor

News/Business. (2012) (CC)

NETWORK

DURATION
01:00:00

RATING

SCANNED IN
San Francisco, CA, USA

SOURCE
Comcast Cable

TUNER
Virtual Ch. 760 (FOX NEWS HD)

VIDEO CODEC
mpeg2video

AUDIO CODEC
ac3

PIXEL WIDTH
1280

PIXEL HEIGHT
720

TOPIC FREQUENCY

Washington 13, Us 11, Nascar 8, America 8, Florida 6, Susan Rice 5, Juan 5, Tim Allen 4, Mary Katharine 4, Obama 4, Ho 4, Benghazi 4, Watters 4, Obama Air 3, Citi 3, Bernie 3, Texas 3, Jesse Watters 3, Percenter 2, Bill O'reilly 2,
Borrow a DVD
of this show
  FOX News    The O Reilly Factor    News/Business.  (2012)  (CC)  

    November 26, 2012
    8:00 - 9:00pm PST  

8:00pm
road around the house. that is your last call. thank you for being with us tonight. we'll see you again tomorrow night. make sure you go to gretawir gretawire.com. good night from washington, d.c.. we'll see you on gretawire.com for that open thread. good night. and here he is. >> bill: o'reilly factor is on. tonight: >> ♪ the stars at night ♪ are big and bright ♪ deep in the heart of texas ♪ i wish they all could be california girls ♪ >> bill: a tale of two americans. texas and california. which is the better place to live and why? what is the vast difference between the two most populated states about america say? >> does do your parents ask you for money when you go back home? >> yes. >> does that ever work? >> i think it does work. >> you can't give people money
8:01pm
and help them. >> tim allen criticizing the obama administration. is that a smart thing to do career-wise? adam corolla will have some thoughts. >> what's nascar all about? >> sunshine, palm trees everywhere. perfect place for a championship. >> watters world goes to the big nascar championship. >> do you guys ever watch bill o'reilly on the fox news channel. >> i thought bill o'reilly was on the food network. >> bill: we have revved up report. >> caution. you where to enter the no spin zone. the factor begins right now. >> bill: i'm bill o'reilly. thanks for watching us tonight. a tale of two americans, california and texas. that is the subject of this evening's talking points memo. over the thanksgiving weekend i was down in austin in houston, texas doing shows with miller. it's been a while since i had visited the lone star state and i took a good look around.
8:02pm
next week i will be going tout to california the state with the largest population. texas is second. fascinating to compare the two places because they signify the clash, the clash that's taking place in america right now. texas voted for romney by about 1.3 million votes. california voted for obama by about 2.3 million votes. texas conservative state. california, dominated by liberal americans. both states have more minority voters than white voters. the overriding tradition of texas is that self-reliance rules. most voters there don't want government telling them what to do. therefore, they don't have a lot of social service. no state income tax in texas. however, get in the lone star state about $40 billion. there is a balanced budget amendment. by contrast california owes an astounding $167 billion. and it's running an annual deficit of about 9 billion. money they that can never never be paid back. what is california getting for
8:03pm
all of that? high school graduation rate 37 out of 50 states. per capita income, $44,500. but, there is a 10.1% unemployment rate. crime number one. there are more prisoners in california than any other state. take a look at texas. high school graduation rate ranks 44th. slightly above california. per capita income about 40,000 bucks per year. but there is relatively low unemployment 6.6%. convicts in state prisoners ranked number two behind california. so you can see there is not a big difference in the economic and social stats but there is a big difference in mind set. california has many more social welfare programs. golden state also has many more business regulations. texas, you could pretty much set up any bigness you want. you can also ride a motorcycle without a helmet. talk on the cell phone without a car and on and on. texans basically saying hey, government, get out of our
8:04pm
lives. californians on the other hand generally embrace big government in just about all areas. i mean, when the city council of san francisco proposes to ban gold fish you know you have intrusive situation. same city council finally banned publicity nudity last week except for permitted festivals or parades. thank god the thanksgiving day parade not held in the city by the bay. in texas, if you run around naked and make a wrong move, you might get shot. the state allows its citizens to carry concealed weapons. can't do that if you are naked. in california, only vicious drug cartel people carry guns because if the regular folks do, likely be big trouble. get in big trouble when the cartel guys go back to mexico. can you see there is a stark difference between living in texas and living in california. the question for all americans is what place do you think is better? i like both states, they are
8:05pm
fascinating. i don't want to live in a nanny state. that's what california is new york is getting there as well where i live. california is also going bankrupt. $167 billion in debt. are you kidding me? that is grossly irresponsible for a state with as many natural resources as california. i mean, these pinheads in sacramento think they can just spend money and other people have to pick up the tab. meantime in texas if you hit it big you get to keep much of what you earn. yes there are local taxes but the state does not impose an income tax. that's why so many workers are moving to the lone star state. florida is a situation. there comes a point where etch auto of us has to decide what kind of country we want. many americans are depressed because traditional america seems to be disappearing. certainly president obama is a big government progressive guy and now he has a second term. talking points doesn't expect the president to change his philosophy is he going to spend enormous amount of money on social justice. and he is going to take money from successful americans in in order to finance his vision. could be wrong but i don't believe that's going to help the economy very much.
8:06pm
however, the president is going to do the social justice thing no matter what. in texas, the government does not believe that redistributing income is its responsibility. all does not believe that you should micromanage the lives of its citizens. if you are dumb enough to ride a motorcycle without a mel helmet and you wind up in a cemetery it's your call. trust me nobody is banning 16-ounce soft drinks in waco. again it goes back to everybody has a gun. in california, and the federal government if koop after -- if california and the federal government keep spending the way it's been spending both will go bankrupt before they leave office. very true. tax scheme bubbling under the surface so-called wealth tax, in france, spain, iceland, switzerland they taxed net word of wealthy people every year. doesn't matter if you earn anything, or you get income or dividends, doesn't matter.
8:07pm
if you have assets, house, gold, car, whatever, those governments are going to take some of that. uber liberals in america want to do the same thing. >> you can replace completely the income tax and the estate and gift taxes with a wealth tax of 1.5%. i think it should be graduated and progressive because to meet most important issue is to deal with the wealth nawbility inequality in this country which is much more severe than the income inequality in the country. >> bill: isn't that interesting. wealth inequality. where have we heard that before? carl marks? mao, fidel castro? if the u.s. were to impose a so-called wealth tax, that would be the seizure of private property. thus unconstitutional. on paper we can't do it. but we are living in a very strange time and socialism is close. state of vermont has a socialist senator bernie sanders. he would take everything he could from the wealthy. if congress passes a law that seizes private property from wealthy americans we will no
8:08pm
longer have a capitalistic country. when you guys out there yell at me for not calling barack obama a socialist, now you know where the bar is i don't expect barack obama to endorse a health tax if he does all hell is going to break loose. i lived in a state for two years and i admire the spirit there i love california. the weather is great it's a beautiful place. as for philosophy, i'm with the texans. i don't want the federal government telling me how to live or taking what i earn to a punishing degree. and that's the memo. next on the run down, reaction from juan and mary katharine. will they answer my questions tonight? last week they didn't. drama mounting. we'll be right back. questions? anyone have occasional constipation, diarrhea, gas, bloating? yeah. one phillips' colon health probiotic cap each day helps defend against these digestive issues
8:09pm
with three strains of good bacteria. approved! [ female announcer ] live the regular life. phillips'. wanted to provide better employee benefits while balancing the company's bottom line, their very first word was... [ to the tune of "lullaby and good night" ] ♪ af-lac ♪ aflac [ male announcer ] find out more at... [ duck ] aflac! [ male announcer ] ...forbusiness.com. [ yawning sound ] or that printing in color had to cost a fortune. nobody said an all-in-one had to be bulky. or that you had to print from your desk. at least, nobody said it to us. introducing the business smart inkjet all-in-one series from brother. easy to use. it's the ultimate combination of speed, small size, and low-cost printing.
8:10pm
no mom, in the history of moms, has ever turned down a handmade ornament. that's why we sat up santa's wonderland at bass pro shops. kids can get their free picture with santa,
8:11pm
and this week make a... all for free. [ coughs ] [ baby crying ] ♪ [ male announcer ] robitussin® liquid formula soothes your throat on contact and the active ingredient relieves your cough. robitussin®. don't suffer the coughequences™. >> bill: continuing with lead story. where would you rather live
8:12pm
texas or california based on the philosophy i just put forth? joining us now from washington mary katharine ham and juan williams both fox news analysts. on paper where would you rather live, juan. >> on paper i would have to agree with you. it sounds like texas is the place. again, that spirit of freedom. i must say when you said that thing about people not wearing helmets on motorcycles it, reminded me of the whole healthcare debate. i don't want to have to pay when that person goes smoosh on the street. >> bill: that's a legitimate point that people who are irresponsible and hurt themselves oftentimes then wind up in a long-term care facility and the taxpayer has to pick it up. however, you have got to decide, juan and i want you to decide right now. which is worse? the government imposing a lifestyle upon you or basically, look, you are 21 years old and up, by the way under 21 in texas have to wear the helmet. 21 years old and up, you know, can you do what you want to do which is the greater good? for you?
8:13pm
>> well, for me, again, i understand what you are saying about this notion of personal freedom. especially when it comes to less regulation on business. but, i think if you are a kid, i say you are a young person growing up california invest far nor in educational system. >> bill: doesn't get results though. 37 out of 50. >> i'm talking about higher education, bill. >> bill: they don't even get there, juan. they are not getting to higher education, all right? they are 37 out of auto in high school dropout rate. come on. >> here is my point to you. you look at things like food stamps, number one, texas in terms of, you know, health insurance, who has health insurance? texas doesn't have health insurance. the kids, number one in the country lack of health insurance. you look at wages. i like to get paid. well, guess what, wages since 2007 stagnant in texas. >> bill: juan, there is only a $4,000 difference in average per capita wage and have you
8:14pm
ever seen the real estate prices in southern california compared to texas? >> they are high. no he question. >> bill: come on, mary katherine what say you. >> i will take texas not just for myself. i think because the outcomes are bad in california. because you have got this sort of perfect situation where they have -- democrats have had control of the state legislature since 1997. spending has doubled while the population has gone up 15%. they are spending tons so they have tons of debt. if you are kansan economist that economy should be booming. 10 something unemployment while texas is 6%. as you pointed out testing above the national average and above california. so this is the experiment for liberals. this is what should be working and, yet, california 2 million people over the last decade, 2 million americans peaced out. >> bill: they will have more than that. they passed brown gets the wealth tax and wealth tax is coming in california. >> it's coming and still
8:15pm
doesn't close the budget deficit. >> bill: but, juan, when mary katharine says look this social experiment has not worked ran up $167 billion in debt hasn't really worked. i think that's true. it hasn't worked in california. so why are we continuing it on the national level? i'm just trying to let the folks know what the alternatives are in the country there are two stark alternatives, taxes in california, 1, 2 in population, couldn't be more opposite. all right, couldn't be more opposite. >> could i challenge a premise for just a second? >> bill: sure, go ahead. >> if you look at texas. in fact, they have been running a deficit. they have relied more on federal stimulus money to take care of their debt than any other state in the country. >> bill: they owe 40 billion, juan. >> looking for a bailout. >> bill: when willie nelson dies and least his estate 40 billion with all the
8:16pm
medicinal marijuana on the ranch rolling in austin. that's a manageable debt. you can pay it off. all right? you can't pay off 160 billion. the sacramento pinheads know they can't fay off. it's a ponzi scheme out there. >> the yeah, the pension, the unions. >> bill: yeah, they can't pay it off. >> you know what they did have a vote by the people, a democratic, you know, vote that says here is is a mechanism that we want to put in place to reduce spending and to raise taxes, you don't see that in texas. they don't do it that way. the legislature meets once every two years and all up to them and not the people. in terms of democratic inticket, i think i would prefer california. >> bill: you are dodging the social experiment on the liberal side question. here is the social experiment. california. dominated by the left. running up huge amount of spending. now where is the state? on the verge of bankruptcy. people moving out of it, test scores and crime, the worse, you know, not improving at all. so why would anybody say that
8:17pm
this liberal philosophy that barack obama embraces by the way works? >> well, because i think you see more children getting the kind of education, the healthcare they need to grow taxpayers. >> bill: facts don't show that, juan. mary katharine, go ahead. >> folks like juan who paint texas jobs as horrible need to figure out whether obama gets -- wants to take credit for the jobs that texas has largely been creating during his tenure or they want to slam them as ineffect actual. look, in the end, for folks who are most at risk, what do the left most care about, income inequality. higher in california than it is in texas right now. when you talk about the kind of jobs that folks get or welfare, for instance, 1/3 of america's welfare recipients in california even though it makes up 1/8th of the country's population. these are not good stats for the people who are least among us who we are caring about who as liberals we want to serve it doesn't work for them. >> bill: i think this is why.
8:18pm
if you are a person who is dependent on government, and who doesn't want to compete in the marketplace, you are redding for california. if you are an entrepreneur, and you want to keep what you earn, more of it, you are heading to texas. in the future. which state is going to have a more vibrant economy in the future if that's the magnet? if the magnet is showing one here. >> heading out of california in droves. >> especially if you are in the oil business. that's a gift to texas. and that's helped them but they still have -- >> bill: juan, wait a minute. juan, put on a scuba suit and go out off the coast of california, dodge the great whites and you will see plenty of oil. they can't drill out there, juan. they have the same gift. >> texas makes it easier to live there. >> bill: very good discussion. very good tonight. directly ahead, senator john mccain on whether there will be a revolt in congress if susan rice is nominated as secretary of state. jesse watters goes to the big nascar race in florida comes back unscathe, kind of.
8:19pm
♪ [ engine revs ] ♪ ♪ [ male announcer ] the mercedes-benz winter event is back, with the perfect vehicle that's just right for you, no matter which list you're on. [ santa ] ho, ho, ho, ho! [ male announcer ] lease a 2013 c250 for $349 a month at your local mercedes-benz dealer. but don't just listen to me. listen to these happy progressive customers. i plugged in snapshot, and 30 days later, i was saving big on car insurance. with snapshot, i knew what i could save before i switched to progressive. the better i drive, the more i save. i wish our company had something this cool. you're not filming this, are you? aw! camera shy.
8:20pm
snapshot from progressive. test-drive snapshot before you switch. visit progressive.com today.
8:21pm
8:22pm
>> bill: personal story segment tonight. john mccain involved in two on capitol hill. tax mess, will democrats and republicans finally agree on how to fund the government? and secondly the susan rice controversy. >> when discussing the attacks against our facilities in benghazi, i relied solely and squarely on the information provided to me by the intelligence community. i made clear that the information was preliminary. and that our informations -- investigations would give us the definitive answers. >> bill: joining us from washington is senator mccapable. i think it's on -- senator
8:23pm
mccain. ' she was a mouth piece. she was sent out and given talking points about the libyan violence and the assassination of our ambassador there. and she just spouted them off. i don't think she did anything deceitful. she is just a team player. they told her what to say. she went out and said it. am i wrong? >> well, i think you are correct to a certain degree but don't we all have a responsibility before we go out and talk to the american people and all five sunday morning shows for verifying that those facts are true. there was classified information which she has access to which clearly contradicted that. she also by the way said that al qaeda was disseminated along with ben laden being killed. al qaeda is not disseminated. al qaeda is roaring back in those parts of the middle east. washington is these day as bureaucrat? she does what she is told. she is a good soldier. she is going to be rewarded by the president with the secretary of state slot because she did his bidding. i think that's what this is, senator.
8:24pm
>> i think that may be the view of the president of the united states. but, i think we are all responsible for what we say, particularly in positions of -- positions of responsibility to have all of the facts together before you tell the american people. and, by the way, this is also about the president of the united states who did not tell the people of this country, either did not know or didn't tell people as long as the 25th, two weeks later he was at the u.n., after being on "the view" and letterman saying that they didn't know what -- still saying that this was a hateful video that inspired. >> bill: he still hasn't explained it. he still hasn't explained it. >> he still hasn't explained it because there were people who were survivors from the consulate who were interviewed two days later in germany that said there was no mob. >> bill: but the president he wanted us to intrude on his campaign he said press isn't going to bother me. i know i can get away with it and that is what he did. here is the key question about
8:25pm
ambassador rice and then we will get to the tax stuff is she a dishonest woman, senator? is she dishonest? did she go out there knowing what she said was false and say it anyway? that's the crux of this matter. >> i don't think it was a matter of dishonesty, it was a matter, again, of responsibility. there was plenty of information out there, which she has access to. >> bill: she didn't bother. >> which contradicted what she american people on behalf of the either the american government or the american congress. >> bill: all right. now, if president obama nominates secretary rice as secretary of state. is that a direct disrespectful move toward you and the other
8:26pm
critics of this whole situation? is that an in-your-face i don't care what you say, i'm going to do it any way? >> i think this is really about four dead americans. >> bill: no, no. no, come on, senator. answer my question now. is it disrespectful to you? >> no. i don't think so. because i think the president has the right to nominate whoever he feels can best serve. >> bill: he knows the controversy that engendered. he knows that she didn't speak truthfully for whatever reason, it could be incompetence. it could be whatever. and he is still going to do it. he has kerry. kerry wants the job. you know that he has a lot of people who want that job. president obama nominate secretary rice is he sending a message to the republic party blank you guys, i don't care what you think. >> i'm not sure that he thinks that. he also thinks that he just won an election which he did. he also can nominate those that he thinks is best. it's also the job of the united states senate, according to the constitution, for advice and consent. and that's our role and i take
8:27pm
that very seriously. >> bill: all right. on tax and funding, are we going to work this out here and what's the time line? >> well, they are not meeting this week which is interesting, so there doesn't seem to be as much a sense of sur urgency as the markets indicate. depends on both sides and what they view as a lesson of the election. the republicans maintain their majority in the house. the president won a victory. i think there is every responsibility that we could kick the can down the road for six months or so by just saying put everything on hold. also, if you are willing to going to solve this problem and address it you have got to go after entitlements everybody knows that's the third rail. that's why that part has to be bipartisan the way it was with at this point o'neil and ronald reagan. >> you think congress may pass a short-term extension of what see have now so they can have more time to debate it with
8:28pm
the new people coming. >> in i think it's possible. i hate to see that result once you delay that also gives reasons for further delay. i wouldn't be surprised if that's the results. >> you know the congressman, senator have to go shopping, a lot of you guys are going to go to belize and get tan. >> we were christmas eve when we were debating obama care a couple years ago. >> bill: that's right. i remember that you weren't happy about it either. [ laughter ] >> no. not overjoyed. thanks for having me on. >> bill: thanks for being so candid. we appreciate it here are the results of bill o'reilly.com poll. was mitt romney wrong saying the president -- 9 a% agree with the governor's assessment and mine as well. ' tim al ben takes a shot at the aobama administration. adam carolla will have thoughts on that.
8:29pm
practicing race baiting on editorial page. we hope you stay tuned to those reports.
8:30pm
8:31pm
>> bill: rolling with carolla segment tonight. most entertainers are liberal. others sincerely others for career purposes. there are some rogues and it seems like tim allen may be one of them. >> does your family ask you for money when you go back home. >> yes. >> does that ever work. >> i think it does work. >> you can't give people money
8:32pm
and help them. it doesn't work. >> yeah, but they are willing to try. >> yeah, they are definitely willing to try. oh, god, did you bring up a sore one. >> why don't you make an announcement right now that you are headed home and you won't be giving nil money to anyone. >> i look at sometimes rear them than the government. >> i see. you better give your money away before it gets taken. >> bill: joining us now from los angeles to react pod cast guy adam carolla. is that suicide for tim allen? going up against the liberal orthodoxy. >> you have to understand being a politician and being an actor is sort of the same thing. you have to fool people and win them over. by the way it's no big deal for tim allen he has got what you call f.u. money or buzz light year money. but either way he has enough money he doesn't have to worry about who he offends. do you have to win over the populace. we all see what happened to romney when we found out he was rich and out of touch and he wasn't one of us and we
8:33pm
weren't going to vote for him. that's the same thing with movie stars. that's why -- michael moore has $50 million. why do you think he dresses like an out-of-work lesbian trucker. [ laughter ] >> think about it. >> bill: i didn't notice the lesbian part. >> does he own an article of clothing that doesn't have a hood attached to it. >> bill: that's why he has 50 million because he has no wardrobe budget and he doesn't wear shoes. >> maybe. but he also knows if he dressed like the monopoly man. >> bill: absolutely. he is playing to his crew. try to be the humble. >> i allen helps himself with those comments. because as you said, he is so successful on trition television, they are going to hire him anyway. is he not going to talk himself out of any jobs. and, number two, the folks that like him, the working class folks that like him generally are are in tune with his view. i don't think a guy like allen
8:34pm
gets hurt if alec baldwin ever said that oh my god he couldn't go down to the village and walk around. they would be throwing confetti at him. >> sure. right. but it's all part of this sort of new society we're building where if you are rich, you need to be punished, so if you are rich, basically it's like saying if you are going to walk through a bad neighborhood don't walk it dressed likes the monopoly man with a pocket watch on because you will get rolled. you will be rolled spiritually by our society if you walk around talking about how much money you have. >> bill: if you are flaunting it. except in certain places like beverly hills in los angeles you can do that. all right. now, over thanksgiving weekend, there was a decline in air traffic. actually, decline from 2011. however, overall travel was up big, which says to me that people are getting fed up with the airlines and they will do anything.
8:35pm
they would rather sit in traffic like we are looking at now than go on the plane. am i wrong? >> well, it's miserable and demoralizing to fly. first off, you know, the movie where denzel washington was crashing the plane probably didn't help. >> bill: flight people. i didn't see that was that a good movie? >> yeah. it was probably -- pretty solid. it definitely makes you want to get in a minivan and drive to kansas. >> bill: or even hitchhike to kansas. denzel was drunk and on cocaine while he was flying the plane. >> they fly themselves. the point is this. and i give him a cultural pass for that but the point is this. if people -- the first class experience is miserable. i flew first class with a woman and her dog, by the way, a heavy set woman and a dog was on her lap. i asked why are you frying with your dog flying with your dog in first class she said
8:36pm
it's a service dog for anxiety and 10 minutes later she drank two glasses of wine and passed out. by the way she gets to fly with her dog on her lap. i cannot fly with my backpack on my lap because that's dangerous. it needs to be pushed under the seat in front of me or put in the overhead but she has an actual living be a mall on top of her while -- animal on top of her while she is passed out. the first class bathroom is no longer sacred anymore. i watched a call have a indicated of people watch from coach through the mosquito net they have now. they used to have a curtain between first class and coach. now they all pass through it. and stink up my bathroom that i paid an extra $2,000 to use. >> bill: even if you are paying the big bucks to it fly first, it's like a greyhound bus up there. it's the bus on steroids. >> it's a microcosm of the society we're now building which is hey, rich guy, just
8:37pm
because you paid 20 times as much for your ticket doesn't mean you should get anything extra. why can't i use your bathroom? what is this curtain dividing the haves and the have notes. yes, 1 percenter. >> bill: it's going to get worse. the f.a.a. under president obama is going to redistribute the first class seats. even though you buy them other people will sit in them. 20 minutes each. >> obama air. you missed a good one. >> bill: what did you say? >> i said obama air. >> obama air. >> arrow bam air obama. carolla growing a mustache and beard to fill in for tom sell lick on that cop show. you are going to do that right? >> that's right. it's just called no time for backup and it's me sliding over a continuous car hood. it never ends. [ laughter ] >> bill: all right, carolla i'm sorry i stepped on your
8:38pm
good line. bernie goldberg on the "the washington post" editorial page practicing race baiting. bernie is next. [ male announcer ] you are a business pro. monarch of marketing analysis. with the ability to improve roi through seo all by cob. and you...rent from national. because only national lets you choose any car in the aisle... and go. you can even take a full-size or above, and still pay the mid-size price. i'm going b-i-g. [ male announcer ] good choice business pro. good choice. go national. go like a pro. [ male announcer ] good choice business pro. good choice. music is a universal language. but when i was in an accident... i was worried the health care system spoke a language all its own with unitedhealthcare, i got help that fit my life. information on my phone. connection to doctors who get where i'm from. and tools to estimate what my care may cost.
8:39pm
so i never missed a beat. we're more than 78,000 people looking out for more than 70 million americans. that's health in numbers. unitedhealthcare. share "not even close." share "you owe me..." share "just right." the share everything plan. sharable data across 10 devices with unlimited talk and text. get a droid razr m by motorola for $49.99. but with advair, i'm breathing better. so now i can be in the scene. advair is clinically proven to help significantly improve lung function. unlike most copd medications, advair contains both an anti-inflammatory
8:40pm
and a long-acting bronchodilator working together to help improve your lung function all day. advair won't replace fast-acting inhalers for sudden symptoms and should not be used more than twice a day. people with copd taking advair may have a higher chance of pneumonia. advair may increase your risk of osteoporosis and some eye problems. tell your doctor if you have a heart condition or high blood pressure before taking advair. if you're still having difficulty breathing, ask your doctor if including advair could help improve your lung function. get your first full prescription free and save on refills at advaircopd.com. >> thanks for staying with us, i'm bill o'reilly. in the weekdays with bernie segment tonight. as we reported last week the "the washington post" attacked me for telling you the truth
8:41pm
about who was voting for president obama and why. for some unknown reason the post injected race into my commentary when that was not even in play. now the post has another editorial saying that republicans who criticize u.n. ambassador susan rice may be racist. quote: could it be as members of the congressional black caucus are charging that the signatories of the letter are targeting misrice because she is an african-american woman? unquote. referred to letter is a bunch of congressman saying they don't believe susan rice is qualified to be secretary of state because of her initial report on ambassador stevens which was misleading. joining us now from miami is the purveyor of bernard goldberg.com mr. goldberg. we are starting to see a pattern of behavior here on the "the washington post" editorial board, are we not? >> yeah. let me first take a few seconds to put it into context. there is a strategy by some liberals in politics and the media to go after anyone who opposes susan rice. and portray those people asd see
8:42pm
susan rice is a black woman. there have been a lot of articles on this but the worst by far, the sleaziest by far is that editorial you refer to in the "the washington post." let me read you part of what it says. starting with the sentence you just read. because this is really off the charts. as you read: could it be as members of the congressional black caucus are charging that the signators of letter are targeting misrice because she is an african-american woman? then it goes on to say: the signators deny that and we can't know their hearts. what we do know is that more than 80 oof the signatories are white males and nearly half are from states of the former confederacy. so, what they are saying, after the mandatory we don't know what's in their hearts is that but we do know that they are white, and that they are men, and that some of them come from a part of the country that 150 years ago had
8:43pm
slaves. okay? what are they really saying, bill? they are really saying white male southern, they must be racist. this is not honest opinion journalism. this is nothing but a contemptible smear and the "the washington post" really should be ashamed of themselves for that editorial. >> bill: why do you think this is happening? i mean, i don't read the "the washington post" every day. but it was never really drawn to my attention that they were that far out there. but recently i would say in the last year or so, really really changed their editorial page stance. the guy who runs into a guy named fred hayek. we look at his commentary down the line. tom tols on the editorial board. is he about as far left as can you get. he is a cartoonist. they have another guy jackson diehl. he is a democrat.
8:44pm
he was very supportive of the islamic brotherhood. he was telling everybody, hey, they aren't bad guys. then jonathan cape hart who is a regular on msnbc. so, the post seems to stack this deck with far left guys who now are going to come after anybody with whom they disagree in a very personal kay. we don't care about their politics. they have a right to editorialize the way they want to. but when they start to, as you said, demonize people because of their skin color and where they live, it really gets to be extreme. >> right. they did that with you, too. as you said. >> bill: yeah, last week. >> so, let me give you two reasons why liberals in general do this. one, is that it's a way to shut people up. >> bill: sure, intimidate. >> right. it's -- nobody wants to be called a racist. so some people will be frightened by this and run away. and then the people who are calling you a racist, they
8:45pm
win. the second reason, i believe, and i firmly believe this, psychological. there is no limits to white liberal guilt. so, if they can call you or other people a racist, number one, it shows we're the good white people. we are not like o'reilly. we are the good white people because we will defend a susan rice or barack obama or anybody by calling their opponents racist. and the second reason is that if you can show that you are -- if you can show that you care about black people, it tells you that i know that as a white person i made it in part precisely because i'm a white person, and a black person didn't make it precisely because he or she is a black person. so i am going to bend over backwards. i am going to call people racist, call them other names because it's the best i can do
8:46pm
to aswage my white guilt that i was born white. i know that sounds crazy, but i'm telling you i am convinced that's the reason. >> bill: there may be something to that. but i think another reason is they simply can't win the debate. they simply can't win it, bernie. we sat here on election night and said, look, people under $30,000, earning under 30,000 breaking big for president obama and why are they breaking bill? it looks like the entitlement culture. when we say ambassador rice has some problems because she mislead the nation and she absolutely did and she won't give up who told her to say what she said she won't give it up as i said to senator mccain she is a team player and she is going to be rewarded. they don't have facts to refute any of that they have to come at you that way because if they don't they will lose. also a word. >> what last word. >> racism is a terrible thing. what they are doing is is a type of racism too. a soft paternalistic racism where they defend black people
8:47pm
and say you can't criticize susan rice, an african-american precisely because she is an african-american. >> bill: that's racism in itself. >> not precisely those words but that's exactly what they are saying. >> bill: watters world, we sent jesse down to the nascar race in florida and we will race in florida and we will check it out as the factor [ malannouncer ] it'that time of year again. time for cii price rewind. because your daughter really wants that pink castle thing. and you really don't want to pay more than you have to. only citi price rewind automatically searches for the lowest price. and it finds one, you get refunded the difference. just use your citi card and register your purchase online. have a super sparkly day! ok. [ male announcer ] now all you need is a magic carriage. citi price rewind. buy now. save later.
8:48pm
8:49pm
8:50pm
>> bill: back of the book segment tonight, watters world. recently jesse has been hanging around with liberal folks. we decide to change it up a little bit. sending him down to the nascar sprint cup championship race in florida. ♪ >> what's nascar all about? define the sport for me.
8:51pm
>> you have got sunshine, palm trees everywhere. it's a perfect place for a championship. it's about america. got all these cars going around and around the track. excitement. somebody is crashing. [tires squealing] >> women and nascar gear, they will be in the skimpy stuff today. that's what i like to see. >> some like to see skimpy stuff. >> hmmm. >> you like danica patrick. >> absolute have any. >> go daddy. >> you are that go daddy girl. >> danica. >> i have no idea what you just said. >> [inaudible]] >> you can trust this president? >> i don't. it seems like everywhere word out of his mouth is is a lie. >> i think he did a good job as far as cleaning up what was done before him. >> so it's bush's fault? >> ah -- yes. >> what are you talking about? >> do you trust the president. >> i trust the president. >> i think is he a good guy. is he really trying to help our country. you are always going to have people who love him or hate
8:52pm
him. not much you can do. >> he is taking away our liberties. he has ruled by executive degree. >> what's the obama's job plan. >> i didn't marry what the plan was. he just said more jobs. that was good enough for me. [ laughter ] >> are you worried about this developing benghazi scandal at all? >> no. no, we're going to be fine. i don't even know what benghazi is. >> you must be really smart, huh? >> do you trust him in the next four years. >> can i trust him to do the exact wrong thing for america. >> very interesting. >> are you anticipating him rolling out a specific agenda in the next four years. >> absolutely. >> what is that? >> i think we are going to see more social welfare programs and more food stamps. >> if you don't mind i will settle for bread and water, sir. >> nothing is for free. >> not even lunch. >> not even lunch. not unless you guys are buying. : when the government says take this and vote for me, do you guys agree with
8:53pm
that? [crickets chirping] >> i was doing good there for a while. when people said vote for obama for handouts. >> the society moves that way. 49% don't pay taxes. when they get to 51%, it's all over. >> everyone has to pay taxes. ♪ >> do you guys ever watch the o'reilly factor on fox news. >> no, sir. >> why not? >> don't have cable. >> you can get it online, too. >> don't have a con-puter. [ laughter ] >> i love bill o'reilly. is he awesome. >> he keeps it going. tells the truth. >> what's your favorite part of the factor. >> probably the beginning talking points. >> we love jesse watters. way to governmental you have no idea who i am? >> no. [ laughter ] >> you have got an attitude now. >> the o'reilly factor wants to wish you good luck out there, okay? >> thank you very much. >> bill o'reilly says hello. >> say hello to him too. >> i thought bill o'reilly was
8:54pm
on the food network. >> time to eat. >> all right, now, watters joins us. consensus there? you would think that would be romney country. >> romney territory 2 to 1 romney. romney didn't appeal to these folks. is he a 1 percenter. a banker. he didn't strike you as nascar guy. these guys weren't obama hatedder. birth certificate conspiracy. especially with all the handouts. >> bill: when you go out to the left wing precincts. venice, california comes to mind. a couple other places that you went. a lot of people didn't know anything. >> right. there did you find the same thing? >> we found some people, you know, the woman had never heard of benghazi before. she said i wasn't paying attention to the news in the last week. i said it was two months ago she said oh, i don't even think she is a republic or a democrat. you get those types of people
8:55pm
everywhere. >> bill: some people that are divorce from all reality and they don't want to have anything to do with it. that's their right as an american citizen. did you actually watch the cars zooming around? >> i did. i felt very macho watching that. rips you up. makes the beast come out. >> did you change your jacket and tie and preppy look. >> they told me to take the blazer off and i was still overdressed. >> take the blazer off. all right. jesse watters, everybody. factor tip of the day about your waist line, the tip 60 seconds away.
8:56pm
>> "factor" tip of the day about what you eat. first billoreilly.com christmas store to help you out. my books, if you become a billoreilly.com premium member, you get your choice of any of those books free of charge. also signed copies available, but get the orders in now.
8:57pm
as far as gears is concerned, the patriots and residents mat, very nifty. our mugs always popular gifts. great deals on the website. now the mail. chris, myrtle beach, south carolina. o'reilly, loved your clear and reasonable talking points memo about how government-assisted programs aided president obama's re-election. some people always vote for santa claus. steve perry, san antonio, texas. entitlements are increasing, because america is tired of republicans favoring rich people. simon sanders, edinburgh, scotland, bill, "the washington post" implied you were racist because they could not dispute the facts that you represent. tony, willington, colorado. yes, self reliance, like all those investors relying on the hard work of the laborers. those are the ones getting the entitlements. i think he means the fat cats, not the workers. dan, vero beach, florida, bill, you are correct in your analysis. the democrat party and their allies at "the washington post" will continue to come after you for stating the truth about this
8:58pm
country. my fear is their assault will be more than you can handle. well, i've been dishing it and taking it for more than 16 years, dan. haven't beaten me down. joan, new zealand. bill, watched your comments about a traditional society and those voting for obama wanting stuff. it was the way you sneered at people wanting stuff that's upset people. joan, no sneering here. if i want to denigrate those receiving entitlements i would have done so in no uncertain terms. that's the kind of guy i am. i laid out the voting patterns along economic lines. just the facts. i make no judgments about those facts. many people need help through no fault of their own. kimberly connolly, corpus christi, texas. bill, we drove four hours to see you and miller in houston. awesome show. glad the trip was worth it. next stop, sold-out in salt lake city on saturday, december. th. just made a few more seats
8:59pm
available. all over the country i'm getting positive comments on my tip a few days ago about drinking a glass of water with lemon juice 30 minutes before you eat a meal, and you won't eat as much and be as hungry. after thanksgiving, i thought you might want to here that tip, because many of us chowed down, did we not? as always, do with it what you will. "factor" tip of the day. that's it for us tonight. please check out "the factor" website, different than billoreilly.com. also, spout off about "the factor" anywhere in the world. name and town if you wish to opine. word of the day, do not be spurious. do not be spurious when writing